Construction Field Clerk (contract)
- Act as a field liaison to assist Site Supervisors with taking measurements, monitoring quantities, setting up traffic closures, and helping to oversee the site when required.
- Quantity entering for municipal projects in Excel spreadsheets and verify as per inspector’s reports.
- Measurement and quantity tracking.
- Professionally liaison with customers and inspectors.
- Obtain quotes from suppliers and negotiate prices for materials used on jobs.
- Request locates for all jobs that require excavation.
- Verification work on COR required processes.
- Time spent between office and field will be approximately 30%/70%. The use of a personal vehicle is required for travelling to various sites, and mileage will be reimbursed.
- CET or equivalent diploma.
- 1-3 years related work experience, in a similar industry is an asset.
- Strong computer skills, specifically with MS Office.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Ability to stay organized while working on multiple tasks.
- Strong analytical and creative skills.
- Access to a vehicle for business travel.
This position would begin in April/May and continue throughout the summer, and may also have the opportunity to continue throughout the fall season.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all stages of the selection process
"*" indicates required fields