Construction Junior Supervisor
The Junior Supervisor is responsible for effectively supporting the facilitation and execution of assigned construction projects, while maximizing profit, safety, and customer satisfaction.
- Assist estimators to provide experience and knowledge in tendering projects.
- Assist in the project handoff documents from the estimators, and review contract documents, estimate information, field conditions, client requirements and environmental concerns. Determine resource requirements and availability, and formulate an action plan and create a schedule to execute the contract efficiently and safely.
- Assist in expediting and managing manpower, equipment, materials and subcontractors.
- Supervise work to optimize productivity and ensure quality while promoting safety.
- Monitor project, generate and consider alternate methods and implement the company’s best practices.
- Responsible for project administration requirements such as:
- Verification of Daily Inspectors reports as to completeness and accuracy.
- Verify Time Sheets as they pertain to the project.
- Verify, collate and ensure all material and equipment receipts/packing slips are turned in with the appropriate time sheets.
- Deliver daily quantity reports to the estimating team and/or to the Construction Manager.
- Track costs and revenue information, and transmit reports to the Contract Administrator and/or Estimators.
- Promote skill development, encourage teamwork, motivate employees to optimize potential and maintain effective communication, and review job completed for possible areas of improvement.
- Ensure that the company receives proper compensation for all work done, by measuring jobs after completion and assist in reviewing job cost statements and by being involved with the close-out meetings with the Construction Manager.
- Post-secondary education or training in an engineering program with construction experience.
- Knowledge of construction practices, planning and scheduling.
- Aware of construction regulations and specifications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Available to work various shifts (days/nights/weekends) as required.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all stages of the selection process
"*" indicates required fields