Halton Crushed Stone is an aggregate supplier, producing crushed limestone, sand & gravel and we pride ourselves in providing quality customer service.
This position reports to the General Manager and is responsible for leading and mentoring the logistics team, assisting sales with administrative support, deepening and creating new relationships with our various haulers & customers; while focusing on overall efficient logistics related deliverables and the highest level of customer service.
- Lead, motivate and mentor the logistics team as well as train and coach new employees.
- Generate, interpret and verify the accuracy of internal reports and documents.
- Analyze trends, perform data analyses and provide recommendations for increased efficiencies.
- Manage all aggregate billing cycle deliverables.
- Ensures the logistics team and our haulers are adhering to the company’s trucking management processes.
- Provides support to the Sales & Operations teams with various functions and reports.
- Participate with on-boarding of new dispatch personnel as required.
- Actively participate in dispatch duties when business demands dictate. This includes executing all daily dispatch functionalities.
- As required, hire and train new personnel in logistics, dispatch and scale all related duties and functionality.
- Drive continuous improvements in order fulfillment strategies along with logistics and dispatch processes.
- Foster and grow a positive work environment.
- Align activities and logistic strategies to the business goals, objectives and overall needs.
- Responsible for reporting any observed safety violations and/or hazards to supervisors and management.
- Preferred 3-5 years of dispatch experience with construction or aggregate materials.
- At least 3 years of experience with leading a team.
- Strong computer skills, and proficiency with the Microsoft Office as well as other business software.
- Applies a positive & optimistic attitude to all aspects of their role.
- Works well under pressure in a seasonally fast paced environment.
- Communicates effectively with the ability to build relationships with customers, haulers, and teammates.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to listen and coach others.
- Well organized and strong attention to detail and is customer driven.
The Aggregates Logistics Supervisor is required to travel to our various aggregate sites within the GTA.
This is a full time position that must be available between the range of Monday to Friday 6:00 am-5:00 pm. Hours are subject to change based on business demands, seasonality and site location requirements. Occasional Saturdays may be required from time-to-time depending on dispatch coverage and client needs.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all stages of the selection process
"*" indicates required fields