Equipment Shop Manager
We are looking for an Equipment Shop Manager who will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the shop (which includes a team of 12 licensed mechanics/apprentices), and coordinate equipment maintenance and repairs with various departments including our road construction operations, asphalt plants, snow removal division, limestone quarry and sand & gravel pits.
- Work closely with the Operations teams to ensure equipment is repaired and maintained by applicable deadlines.
- Work with the Finance team to develop and manage shop budgets (i.e. amortization, labour hours).
- Ensure that all required equipment service & maintenance is completed on time, by ensuring the equipment is brought into the shop by applicable deadlines.
- Monitor downtime vs. uptime on equipment.
- Source, order, and inspect brand new/used equipment for trucks (i.e. float trucks, live-bottoms) as well as purchase tires/consumables/wear parts.
- Manage warranty issues through various dealerships.
- Manage shop inventory and the process of ordering parts.
- Obtain vehicle licenses and over-load permits.
- Ensure annual inspections of the cranes and other shop equipment.
- Assist with ordering company decals.
- Utilize vendors for repair work which isn’t completed in-house (i.e. for suspension repairs, transmission repairs, engine overhauls).
- Organize transport of equipment when needed, to various locations for repair.
- Assist with entering work orders into our in-house accounting system.
- Coach, mentor, and train employees within the shop, including both apprentices and licensed mechanics.
- 310T Truck & Coach license.
- Possession of a 421A Heavy Duty license (or any other relevant mechanic license) is an additional asset.
- Possession of an AZ license would be an asset.
- Familiarity working with various brands of heavy equipment, as well as heavy road trucks.
- Must have a solid understanding of repairing various types of construction equipment.
- Ability to work with tight deadlines, and make decisions under pressure.
- Ability to lead a team with a strong emphasis on safety.
70 Passmore Avenue
While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all stages of the selection process
"*" indicates required fields