Reporting to the Sr Project Manager and the Construction Manager, the Project Manager is responsible for effective communication with the Estimating and Construction departments while working with the team to develop relationships with customers, collect and analyze market intelligence, manage trucking/logistics, and ensure the collection of receivables, extra work orders, and change orders.
- Provides specific project focus for the management team. Reinforces the needs of both Crupi and the customer.
- Project management of all contracts either awarded or assigned to the incumbent including attending site meetings, identifying and pricing extra work, coordinating and scheduling the project to satisfy the customer’s needs, resolving contract disputes with the customer and any third parties, invoicing, and account collections, accruals with construction, and provides any assistance to construction for quantities in regards to invoicing.
- Continuously develops offerings to differentiate Crupi as the supplier of choice.
- Assists team in building solid relationships with key existing and potential customers.
- Acts as a resource for the Construction Manager and Operations Manager by managing large, detailed time-consuming design-build type projects. Ensuring all extras are recovered and production is maximized.
- Works with the credit department to ensure outstanding receivables are collected in a timely fashion. Assists with difficult collection accounts.
- Calculates backlog and compares to work on hand to assess the risk/probability of meeting targets (volume, price, gross profit).
- Prepares a detailed project budget with sound strategy/rationale.
- Participates in industry associations as a representative of Crupi. Promotes Crupi’s interests and communicates in a manner which upholds Crupi as a leader in the construction industry.
- Works with the Estimating and Construction teams to assist and develop best practices, tools and processes for Crupi to plan and execute jobs.
- Relevant construction experience and/or relevant education.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Personable, with the ability to build relationships with customers.
- Access to a reliable vehicle, and the ability to travel to various job sites & locations within Toronto and the GTA.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all stages of the selection process
"*" indicates required fields