QC Lab Technician (Asphalt)
- Conduct laboratory and field tests in compliance with prevailing standards and procedures.
- Perform Field Quality Control Testing (material sampling, compaction, coring).
- Participate in activities related to the quality system, and other duties as may be assigned.
- The majority of testing & sample collection is in the field at various jobsites within Toronto and the GTA (a company vehicle is provided for travel between sites).
- Post-secondary education in a civil engineering or related technical field is an asset.
- Certification of Canadian Council of Independent Laboratories (CCIL) is an asset.
- Technical knowledge of aggregate and asphalt quality.
- Good testing knowledge of aggregate and hot mix asphalt used in road building.
- Familiar with Marshall and Superpave methods of HMA testing.
- Must possess a valid Ontario G-class driver’s license, with an acceptable driver’s abstract.
- Must be available to work flexible shifts.
- Must have excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Comfortable working outdoors.
- Able to lift 50lbs.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all stages of the selection process
"*" indicates required fields