Reporting to the Estimating Manager, the Estimator will be responsible for contributing to the overall profitability of the Crupi Group by estimating, bidding and managing construction projects.
- Prepare accurate and competitive cost estimates based on efficient construction practices, and use the most competitive and reliable subcontractors and suppliers.
- Monitor the construction market and identify projects best suited to the Crupi Group.
- Prepare final bids in conjunction with the Estimating Manager.
- Regularly liaison with general contractors, consultants, municipal engineers, and construction management firms to pursue tender invites and awards; negotiate contract agreements.
- Job administration for projects awarded to the Crupi Group which were estimated by the incumbent, including: bonding, insurance, construction schedules, permits, subcontract agreements, purchase orders, job costing. These projects would typically be of the ICI, Sub-Municipal and Sub-Division type.
- Project management of assigned contracts by attending site meetings, identifying and pricing extra work, coordinating and scheduling the project to satisfy the customer’s needs, resolving contract disputes with the customer and any third parties, invoicing, account collections, accruals with construction, and any assistance to construction to measure the job quantities.
- Production analysis of projects actual to bid, cost/profit analysis of same.
- Provide technical assistance to Project Manager as required.
- Comply with and promote Health and Safety’s goal and objectives.
- 2 years of experience in a similar role is required.
- Experience in the construction industry is an asset, specifically road construction.
- ICI experience is preferred.
- Experience using BID2WIN is preferred, but not required.
- Certified Engineering Technologist (C.E.T.) is preferred, but not required.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Personable, with the ability to build relationships with customers.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time and prioritize tasks.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Must have a valid Ontario driver’s license and access to a vehicle, to conduct site visits as required.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all stages of the selection process
"*" indicates required fields